John’s Creek Teeth Cleaning
A routine teeth cleaning is very important for maintaining good oral hygiene. It goes beyond just brushing and flossing, although that’s certainly important! A professional teeth cleaning by a trained hygienist can bring a whole host of benefits, such as removing mineralized plaque that can develop even with careful brushing and flossing, especially in areas that are difficult to reach with a brush. We recommend that you go in for a teeth cleaning once every six months.
- One in ten adults regularly forget to brush their teeth
- One in four adults admit they don’t brush twice a day
- One in three people have never flossed their teeth
- Roughly a quarter of people have untreated dental decay
Our Teeth Cleaning Process:
You can expect your teeth cleaning to last anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour. Typically a trained hygienist will do the cleaning, and your Johns Creek dentist may come in for an exam at the end of the cleaning. Most people find that dental cleanings are painless, and do not cause any discomfort.
There are two important steps to a teeth cleaning. The first step is scaling the teeth, in which our dental hygienist will remove the plaque and tartar from the surfaces of your teeth. This can be performed either by hand, or with electric scalers depending on the preference of the dental hygienist. Typically, the hygienist will also clean the pockets of the gums to remove any plaque buildup there.
The second step is polishing to remove any final plaque and buff the teeth. Polishers generally have several different sized heads to clean hard to reach places. We have a great team of very highly trained hygienists who can answer any questions that you have during the process.
Tips for Dental Care at Home
- Make sure to brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Always remember to floss daily
- Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks and fruit juices
- Get plenty of calcium and vitamins that target teeth
- Add mouthwash to your brushing and flossing routine
Benefits of a Teeth Cleaning
There are lots of benefits to getting a regular teeth cleaning to consider:
- Regular dental cleanings lead to better overall dental health and brighter smile!
- Dental cleanings help to prevent oral cancer.
- Dental cleanings help prevent gum disease, an infection of gum tissues and bone that keep your teeth in place.
- If you get regular dental cleanings, you can catch any dental problems early before they become serious.
- Prevent tooth loss
- By getting regular dental cleanings, we can better work with you to create a custom treatment plan that will ultimately result in better care for you and your family.
Delaying your teeth cleaning can lead to excessive buildup of plaque, tooth decay, and a variety of other diseases. It’s much easier to catch a dental problem early than to wait until it becomes serious. If it has been over six months since your last cleaning, please give us a call at (678) 957-0770 or contact us online to schedule your appointment today!