TEETH CLEANING IN JOHNS CREEK AND CUMMING, GA
Routine teeth cleaning is essential to maintain good oral hygiene because although brushing and flossing are important, it’s impossible to properly clean everything at home!
A professional teeth cleaning by a licensed hygienist can bring a whole host of benefits, such as removing mineralized plaque that can develop even with careful brushing and flossing, especially in areas that are difficult to reach with a brush. In most cases, we recommend that you go in for a teeth cleaning once every six months but for some 3 or 4-month appointments are necessary.
- One in ten adults regularly forgets to brush their teeth
- One in four adults admit they don’t brush twice a day
- One in three people have never flossed their teeth
- Roughly a quarter of people have untreated dental decay
Our Teeth Cleaning Process:
You can expect your teeth cleaning to last anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour. One of our caring and professional hygienists will perform the cleaning and help identify any areas of concern in your mouth. Dr. Grady or one of our Associate doctors will check your teeth one by one to make sure everything is healthy and identify areas that are not. Most people find that dental cleanings are painless and do not cause any discomfort.
There are two important steps to a teeth cleaning. The first step is scaling the teeth, in which our dental hygienist will remove the plaque and tartar from the surfaces of your teeth. This can be performed either by hand or with electric scalers depending on the preference of the dental hygienist and patient. Typically, the hygienist will also clean the pockets of the gums to remove any plaque buildup there.
The second step is to polish the enamel surfaces to remove any remaining plaque or stain left after scaling. Our hygienists use various hand, rotary and ultrasonic instruments clean hard to reach places. We have a great team of very highly trained hygienists who can answer any questions and to make sure you are comfortable during the process.
TIPS FOR DENTAL CARE AT HOME
- Make sure to brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- Always remember to floss at least once daily.
- Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks and fruit juices.
- Some are more prone to tooth decay than others so limit foods or snacks high in sugar.
- Add mouthwash to your brushing and flossing routine to help disinfect.
Benefits of a Teeth Cleaning
There are lots of benefits to getting a regular teeth cleaning to consider:
- Regular dental cleanings lead to better overall dental health and brighter smile!
- Regular visits allow us to detect oral pathology in the earliest stages.
- Dental cleanings help prevent gum disease, an infection of gum tissues and bone.
- If you get regular dental cleanings, you can catch any dental problems early before they become serious.
- Prevent tooth loss.
- By getting regular dental cleanings, we can better work with you to create a custom treatment plan that will ultimately result in better care for you and your family.
Delaying your teeth cleaning can lead to excessive buildup of plaque, tooth decay, and a variety of other issues. It’s much easier to catch a dental problem early than to wait until it becomes serious. If it has been over six months since your last cleaning, please call the Johns Creek Office at (678) 957-0770 or the Cumming Office at (678)-822-0288 to schedule your appointment today!